Sunday, February 12, 2012

Early Education


Ghana's Minister of Education, Mrs. Betty Mould thinks she has a solution to Ghana's economic and social problems. The Minister believes that by providing an early childhood education will reduce or vanish some of the problems in Ghana. In my opinion, I do believe that if the early childhood education plan goes into effect immediately it would change the perspectives and problems of Ghana if the citizens are willing for their children to be exposed to these different solutions. Yet, with all of this in mind, the parents of these children know that is one less person in the fields, one less person working in the family, one less person earning enough money to support the family, and I can see this becoming an argument if this idea was to pass. Thinking back to my early childhood and pondering what I would have done if I did not learn the alphabet during the childhood stage or even how to count to ten until I was 12 years old. It would be dreadful, but after reading this article I understand that their are people who are not educated on the importance of education. So, with the Ashamian High School Project, I would like to let everyone of their students know how much we are willing to educate, inform, and transform the lives of each one of those students working us. 

Article: http://www.modernghana.com/news/373625/1/government-committed-to-early-childhood-education-.html

Picture: http://dailynews.col.org/?cat=128&paged=3

2 comments:

  1. You make a very valid point in the analysis of your article. Although education is the "great equalizer" in a sense, the early childhood education is severely plagued by a generational misunderstanding of the importance and value of an education. I really hope this is something you and your group members can iterate to the Ashamian students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would like to continue to push my group and I to think outside the box and give the children some sense of what education really means.

    ReplyDelete