Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Who Am I?


Greetings everyone! My name is Michael Ugeo Williams. Most people call me Ugeo (pronounced u-gee-o). I am a 3rd year junior residing from the great town of Corsicana, Texas, which is an hour south of Dallas on I45. I have a strong interest in education and society, which could explain why I am majoring in Youth & Community Studies and Sociology. I enjoy life and getting to know new people everyday. My motivations for applying to the Ghana Maymester program were to capture a new sense of community and an a greater understanding of education empowerment. I have never been to a country in Africa, however from the color of my skin and my racial heritage I know there is a connection to be made. Also, after hearing so many great things about the program I wanted to experience it as well. This new sense of community comes from deep within my African heritage and may help me understand my racial history at a first look. In addition, while receiving an education from one of the greatest universities in the world, I have learned that obtaining an education empowers an individual to have unlimited opportunities to look forward to in the future.  

1 comment: